7-day Healthy Meal Planning Guide for 6 to 24 month old children
Tools for preparing solid food for babies
Strainer & rod
- For mashing food into fine puree, e.g. green leafy vegetables, root vegetables, liver.
- For turning fruit and melon into mash-like consistency.
Bowl with grater edges
- For mashing food such as root vegetables, melon, fish, tofu, liver.
- For measuring rice and water. 1 cup equals to 240 ml.
Tablespoon (tbsp) & teaspoon (tsp)
- For mashing food and measuring food portions.
- For cutting food into smaller pieces. This helps children share the family's food.
Useful tips: Raw and cooked food should have designated tools for cutting.
- For preparing food purees or mashes in large quantities.
(Content revised 08/2017)