7-day Healthy Meal Planning Guide for 6 to 24 month old children
When choosing fish for your baby:
- Avoid fish of high levels of methylmercury, including shark, swordfish, marlin, tuna, king mackerel, splendid alfonsino, orange roughy, dash-and-dot goatfish, and yellowback seabream.
- Young children should maintain a balanced diet by consuming a wide variety of fish.
To protect your child and family, you should practice the 'Five Keys to Food Safety'.
- Buy food from hygienic and reliable shops;
- Wash hands and utensils properly before and during food preparation;
- Use separate knives and cutting boards to handle raw and cooked foods;
- Cook or reheat food until it is steaming hot throughout;
- Promptly put the uneaten portion in the refrigerator at a temperature of 4°C or below.
For more information about how to practice food safety at home, please refer to the booklet '5 Keys to Food Safety - Practical Tips for Public'. You could also visit the Centre for Food Safety's website at http://www.cfs.gov.hk.
You can download the booklet from: