Healthy Eating for 6 to 24 month old children (3) Ready to go (12- 24 months)
Eating behaviours of 1 to 2 year old children
- Children like eating and sharing food with the family;
- They can use a cup to drink and use a spoon to feed themselves;
- They are less willing to taste new foods than before;
- They get impatient if the mealtime is too long;
- They do not eat much at a time;
- They use actions and words to tell you what they want to eat, and indicate when they are full.
Your child's growth
Your child still grows quickly but weight gain slows down after he is 1 year old. As he grows taller, he might look less chubby.
(Content revised 08/2017)