Healthy Eating for 6 to 24 month old children (3) Ready to go (12- 24 months)
Healthy eating for 6 to 24 month old children Ready to go -- Reminder to parents
- At around 6 months old, children should start eating solid food to meet their nutritional needs. They can try pureed or mashed food taken out from the family meals;
- About 2 years old, they should eat family meals with minor modifications. Their milk intake should be reduced to 360 to 480 ml a day;
- Offer your 1-year-old child 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks at regular times, and arrange him to dine with the family;
- Help your child learn to self-feed;
- Wean your child from the feeding bottle by 18 months old.
If you have any queries concerning child feeding, please consult your doctor or your nurse.
For more information about oral health care for your child, please visit: http://www.toothclub.gov.hk.
(Content revised 08/2017)