Service Introduction and Appointment Procedures
- Who is eligible for cervical screening in Maternal and Child Health Centre?
- How frequent should I have the cervical smear?
- What should I do if I have abnormal vaginal discharge or bleeding?
- When should I make the cervical smear appointment?
- What do I need to prepare before booking?
- What should I do if I need to change or cancel my appointment?
- How to use the Cervical Screening Service 24-hour Phone Booking and Information Hotline?
On Appointment Day
- Any other points to note on the day of appointment?
- What happen if it has typhoon or black rainstorm on my appointment day?
- What should I do if I have vaginal bleeding after the smear?
Cervical Smear Result and Follow Up Arrangement
- When and how will I get my smear result?
- What does it mean for “negative” smear result?
- What does it mean for “positive” smear result?
- How to book my next cervical smear appointment?
- Can I change to another Maternal and Child Health Centre for the next cervical smear?
Maternal and Child Health Centres with Barrier Free Facilities
Information on Cervical Screening and Prevention of Cervical Cancer
Cervical Cancer and Its Prevention
- What is cervical cancer?
- What are the early symptoms of cervical cancer?
- What are the risk factors of cervical cancer?
- How to prevent cervical cancer?
- How can I get more information on prevention of cervical cancer?
- What is cervical smear?
- Who needs the smear?
- When should I have the smear?
- Is it sufficient to have cervical smear every 3 years?
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- What is human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- How will women be infected with genital HPV? Is it only sexually transmitted? Will I get infected even if I have single sexual partner?
- Are all the women infected with HPV will get cervical cancer?
- How to prevent HPV infection?
- Can HPV infection be treated?
- Am I suitable to be pregnant if my cervical smear shows abnormality?
- What is HPV vaccine?
- Who should have HPV vaccine?
- How effective is HPV vaccine? Are there any side effects?
- How is HPV vaccine given?
- Where can I have the HPV vaccine?
How to Access to Personal Data and Test Reports
Cervical Screening Information System
- What is cervical screening information system?
- What can I do if I forget my login name and password?
- How can I review or update my personal information in the Cervical Screening Information System?
- What can I do if I do not receive the result by 3 months after having my cervical smear performed in the Maternal and Child Health Centre or Woman Health Centre of Department of Health?