How to use the Cervical Screening Service 24-hour Phone Booking and Information Hotline in Family Health Service of Department of Health
Hotline: 3166 6631
Maternal and Child Health Centres provide cervical smear test to women aged at or above 25 who have ever had sex. If you have smear test regularly, please book the appointment one month before the due date.
Women who have never had sex or have undergone total hysterectomy do not need cervical smear test.
Preparations before booking：
- Please have your Hong Kong Identity Card / valid travel document and Hong Kong telephone number ready at hand.
- Try to recall the date of your last menstrual period. Cervical smear test should be avoided during menstruation. Thus, please make your appointment before or after your menstruation. You may estimate the date as follows: e.g. if your last menstrual period was from the 1st to 5th of January, your next menstruation will probably be on the date between end of January to early February. You could choose a date between the 6th to 26th of January, or between the 7th to 25th of February as far as possible.
- Women aged at or above 45 are advised to make an appointment after the 12th day of the menses.
- Avoid vaginal pessary, coitus or vaginal douching two days before the test.
- Maternal and Child Health Centres only provide cervical smear test but not routine gynaecological examination. Please seek medical advice from General Outpatient Clinics or private doctors if you have abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge.
- Three languages are available in the hotline: Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- You can select the appointment service or listen to service introduction and health information available in the system.
- 6 functions are provided in the appointment service, namely:
- Make an appointment
- Change an appointment
- Cancel an appointment
- Check booked appointment
- To obtain details of the programme by fax
- Information of centres with examination table for wheelchair users
For barrier free facility in centres, please visit Family Health service website www.fhs.gov.hk for details.
- Fees and Charges:
- Eligible Persons: $100
- Non-eligible Persons: $205
Note: Patients falling into the following categories are eligible for the rates of charges applicable to Eligible Persons:
- A holder of Hong Kong Identity Card issued under the Registration of Persons Ordinance;
- Other persons approved by the Director of Health.