"Supporting Mothers' Breastfeeding Journey" Secondary School Short Video Competition
To promote secondary students' awareness of the importance of sustained breastfeeding and engagement in supporting breastfeeding.
Entrants should create a video to promote one of the following themes:
- Benefits of sustained breastfeeding
- Respect breastfeeding mothers
- Breastfeeding-friendly community
Entry categories include:
- Junior Secondary Category (Form 1 to Form 2 or equivalent);
- Senior Secondary Category (Form 3 to Form 6 or equivalent)
- Full-time secondary school students in Hong Kong
- Each entrant can enter the Competition either as an individual or as a team with up to 10 team members.
- Entrants must submit their entries through their schools.
- The total duration of the video should be 1 to 3 minutes (excluding opening title and closing credits).
- The video can be produced in Cantonese or English (with corresponding subtitles in traditional Chinese or English).
- The video style can be in acting, animation or computer-generated imagery.
- Entries should be submitted in WMV or MP4 format. Screen ratio should be 16:9 and resolution of 1280 x 720 pixel or above. The file size should be under 400 MB.
- All entries are required to include a description not more than 50 words.
Application deadline: 31 May 2019
The video should be submitted on a DVD and sent together with the application form to "Marketing Department, 15/F, Block A, Ming Pao Industrial Building, 18 Ka Yip Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong". (Please write "Supporting Mothers' Breastfeeding Journey" Secondary School Short Video Competition on the envelope). The date of postal stamp chop will be used as submission date. Late submission will not be accepted.
|Content||Adherence to themes, accuracy of information||30%|
|Creativity||Creative concept, innovation, originality, innovative presentation||30%|
|Affective Impact||Ability to engage viewers, to appeal to target audience and to encourage action||20%|
|Aesthetics||Shooting technique, quality of camera and audio work, visual appeal||20%|
The Most Active Participating School Award (1 School): The school with the highest total number of entries will win. If equal numbers of entries are found, the school with the higher number of participating students will win.
Awards (each category)
HK$5,000 book/equipment vouchers, certificate(s) and trophy
HK$3,000 book/equipment vouchers, certificate(s) and trophy
HK$2,000 book/equipment vouchers, certificate(s) and trophy
Merit Awards (5 winners for each category)
HK$1,000 book/equipment vouchers, certificate(s) and trophy
The Most Active Participating School Award (1 winner for both categories)
HK $5,000 book/equipment vouchers, certificate(s) and trophy
- Participants who meet all eligibility requirements will receive certificates of attendance.
- All winning schools will be awarded book/equipment vouchers and trophy; all winners will be awarded certificates.
- Winning schools/winners will be notified individually and invited to attend World Breastfeeding Week 2019 Celebration event and prize presentation ceremony.
- All winning schools/winners may also be invited to attend interviews and promotion events relating to the Competition.
Result announcement: End of June 2019
Terms and Conditions
- All persons involved in organising and Judging Panel of the Competition, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible for joining the Competition.
- Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be returned to the entrant.
- An entry should not contain any material that is obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- The Organiser has the right to reject entries that are inappropriate, irrelevant to the theme of the Competition or in the wrong format.
- Entries must not promote a commercial enterprise or a political cause.
- An entry must be the original work of the entrant and does not infringe upon the rights (including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or confidentiality) of any other parties. Otherwise, it would be disqualified for the Competition. Entrants are responsible for all legal liabilities. Shall an entry violate any laws; the Organiser will not be held legally responsible. The related entrant shall indemnify and keep the Organiser and its authorised users fully and effectively indemnified against any and all actions, damages, costs, claims, demands, expenses (including the fees and disbursements of lawyers, agents and expert witnesses) and any awards and costs which may be agreed to be paid in settlement of any proceedings and liabilities of any nature arising from or incurred by reason of.
- All entrants must guarantee that their entries submitted have neither been openly shown, publicised or broadcast in any other media platforms; nor have been involved in any commercial activities or submitted for other competitions.
- All entrants shall only use, amend or adapt music, images, video or film clips from a third party in their submitted work only after written consent has been given by the relevant third party. Such usage shall be acknowledged in their work in accordance with the relevant copyright laws. The Organiser shall not be responsible, whether directly or indirectly, for any liability arising whatsoever or howsoever from any violation of any copyright law. All entrants shall agree and undertake to accept and be responsible for all such liability arising therefrom. For details about the Copyright Ordinance of Hong Kong (Chapter 528 of the Laws of Hong Kong), please visit www.legislation.gov.hk. All entrants must have also obtained relevant permissions from the third party to allow the Government to use, copy, edit and broadcast the third party material. The Organiser reserves the right to request written proof of consents or permissions from any entrants if necessary.
- Entrants must acquire written consent from all personnel participated in the performance to upload the video to the "Supporting Mothers' Breastfeeding Journey" Secondary School Short Video Competition thematic website, Department of Health and Ming Pao website and social media platform, and to use the entries in any form of media for demonstration, publication, exhibition, promotion, or any non-commercial activities by the Organiser.
- Entrants should be responsible for the security and virus issues in relation to submitting and creating the videos. If virus is detected at the submitted video/file, the entry will be disqualified.
- The Organiser may ask for the original files for the winning videos. If the entrant fails/refuses to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to withhold the award.
- Entrants shall understand and agree to grant and assign exclusively to the Organiser all the intellectual property rights of the winning videos. The Organiser has the right to display the video content (including the third party materials in the video), title, synopsis and entrants'information in any form of media for demonstration, publication, exhibition, promotion or any non-commercial activities, including uploading the videos to the "Supporting Mothers'Breastfeeding Journey" Secondary School Short Video Competition thematic website, Department of Health and Ming Pao website and social media platform. The Organiser also has the authority to edit, translate, adapt, use, copy, broadcast and distribute, in whole or in part of the entries without any need for prior consent of or payment of fees to the entrants.
- The finalist entries, together with entrants names, title and synopsis of the video will be posted for public viewing on the "Supporting Mothers' Breastfeeding Journey" Secondary School Short Video Competition thematic website, Department of Health and Ming Pao website and social media platform.
- The decisions of the Assessment Panel on the Competition results shall be final. Entrants shall raise no objection to the competition results or rankings.
- Entrants are to abide by the Organiser's decision on all matters relating to the Competition, which shall be final. This includes the right to interpret, amend, cancel or suspend the terms and conditions, prizes and other arrangements of the Competition without prior notice.
- The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable.
- By submitting an entry in the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entrants or retract any awards from an entrant who it believes has breached any of these terms and conditions. No appeals will be entertained.
- Entrants must be Hong Kong residents.
- All winners are required to provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card, student identity card or any other valid documents for verification purpose.
- The Terms and Conditions has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevall.
Please click here for more breastfeeding information.