Woman Health Service
Women play a significant role in the health promotion and care of the family. They have a great influence on the health of their children, their family and the community. The Family Health Service of the Department of Health provides the Woman Health Service to women aged at or below 64 years at its three Woman Health Centres and ten Maternal and Child Health Centres. The Woman Health Service aims to promote the health of women according to their health needs at various stages of life.
The Service Includes:
- Health Assessment
- Taking a medical history, health risk assessment
- Physical examination
- Body weight, height and blood pressure measurement
- Breast and Gynaecological examination
- Cervical cancer screening and other laboratory tests if clinical indicated
- Screening mammography is offered to women who are at high risk of developing breast cancer after medical assessment. A separate fee is charged
- Health education and counselling
Promotion of healthy lifestyle practices, breast awareness, osteoporosis and cancer prevention, counselling on smoking cessation and weight management, as well as specific issues according to individual needs.
Referral to specialties will be made if clinically indicated.
|Annual fee||Screening mammography (each episode)|
Woman Health Centres
|Addresses of Woman Health Centres||Recorded information
about the centre
|Telephone no.||Fax. No.|
|Chai Wan Woman Health Centre
2/F Chai Wan Health Centre,
1 Hong Man Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong.
|2975 0236||2897 9321||2556 4454|
|Lam Tin Woman Health Centre
6/F Lam Tin Polyclinic, 99 Kai Tin Road,
Lam Tin, Kowloon.
|2727 5332||2952 9829||2346 1334|
|Tuen Mun Woman Health Centre
Yan Oi Polyclinic, 4 Tuen Lee Street,
Tuen Mun, New Territories.
* Tuen Mun Woman Health Centre (WHC) will undergo renovation and close temporarily starting from 1 April 2019. The Woman Health Service of Tuen Mun WHC will be transferred to Tuen Mun Wu Hong Maternal and Child Health Centre (MCHC) on the same day until further notice.
|2451 6667||2451 5310||2459 4593|
Mondays to Fridays:
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The 2nd & 4th non-public holiday Saturdays of each month:
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Telephone lists of Maternal and Child Health Centres providing woman health service (By appointments)
|Maternal and Child Health Centre||Telephone no.|
|Ap Lei Chau Maternal & Child Health Centre||2518 5701|
|Sai Ying Pun Maternal & Child Health Centre||2859 8280|
|Wang Tau Hom Maternal & Child Health Centre||3143 7180|
|West Kowloon Maternal & Child Health Centre||2150 7270|
|Fanling Maternal & Child Health Centre||2671 9563|
|Lek Yuen Maternal & Child Health Centre||2692 8286|
|Ma On Shan Maternal & Child Health Centre||2641 3843|
|Tseung Kwan O Po Ning Road Maternal & Child Health Centre||2191 1086|
|South Kwai Chung Maternal & Child Health Centre||2615 7350|
|Tsing Yi Maternal & Child Health Centre||2497 0431|
Clients can access the Family Health Service Website or call the 24-hour information hotline for women's health information.