Infant and Young Child Care
- “Leukocoria” (Chinese version only)
Leukocoria means "white pupil", which is an abnormal white reflection from the retina of the eye.
Leukocoria is one of the signs of retinoblastoma. It is also a sign of other eye diseases such as congenital cataract, retinopathy of prematurity, and persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous, etc . Parents should consult a doctor as soon as possible if their children's pupil appears white in colour.
This leaflet explains the symptoms and signs of leukocoria and retinoblastoma, and how parents can look for leukocoria in their children. (This leaflet is provided by the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Checklist of preparing for your newborn
- Clinical Genetic Service Information Leaflet on Newborn Screening
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
- Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Flexible Flat Feet