- Why should I choose to breastfeed my baby?
- What are the health risks of using formula milk?
- After birth, how soon can I start breastfeeding? How much milk does the newborn need?
- How long should my baby be breastfed? Can I continue to breastfeed when I return to work after my maternity leave?
- Can I breastfeed immediately after Caesarean section?
- Do small breasts have adequate breastmilk? Can I breastfeed successfully if I have a flat or inverted nipple?
- Can I breastfeed if I am a hepatitis B carrier?
- What are the benefits of skin-to-skin contact with baby? How and when to do it?
The first 3 days after birth
- My baby only takes very small amount of breastmilk in the first 2 days. Do I need to give my baby formula milk as supplement?
- In the first few days after birth, my exclusively breastfed baby passes very small amount of urine. What should I do?
- My baby is 2 to 3 days old already. I still don't have breast fullness, am I producing enough milk? Is formula milk supplement needed?
- I have sore nipples, shall I continue to breastfeed?
Breastfeeding concern from fourth day onwards after birth of your baby
- What can I do if my breasts are engorged?
- How do I know if my baby is suckling well?
- How do I know if my milk supply is enough?
- How do I know when and how many times a day my baby needs to be fed?
- My baby cries after breastfeeding. Is my milk supply not enough?
- Do I need to let my breastfed baby drink water?
- If my baby has jaundice, should I continue breastfeeding?
- What can I do if my baby needs to be breastfed frequently at night?
- Is my breastfed baby having diarrhoea if she passes loose stool? Moreover, what should I do if my baby has no bowel movement for several days?
Expressing and storing breastmilk at workplace
- How to express or pump breastmilk?
- How should I prepare if I want to continue breastfeeding after returning to work?
- How to store breastmilk and how long can it be stored?
- How to thaw and warm breastmilk?
- My baby does not like to be bottle-fed when I am at work, what can I do?
- What can I do if my milk supply is lessened after I return to work?
Breastfeeding concern for baby aged 4 months or above
- Can breastmilk alone provide enough nutrients for my 4-months-old baby? When should the solid food be introduced?
- When will my baby quit night feeding?
- What can I do if my teething baby bites during breastfeeding?
Diet and nutrition for lactating mothers
- Should I avoid any food when I am breastfeeding? Should I take tonic food?
- Should I eat more to increase my milk supply?
Other problems encountered during breastfeeding
- How to manage nipple pain?
- How to manage white spots on the nipples?
- How to manage a blocked duct?
- Can I continue breastfeeding if I have mastitis?
- How do I wean my baby from breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mother’s concern
- Can I breastfeed when I am ill? Can I take medicines if I am breastfeeding?
- Will I have less milk supply during menstruation?
- Will I get sagging breasts after breastfeeding?
- Can I dye or perm my hair if I am breastfeeding?
- Why do I still leak when I have stopped breastfeeding for a while?
- Do I need contraception if I am breastfeeding?
- Can I use insect repellent (mosquito repellent) if I am breastfeeding?